Protect Your Home from Severe Winds in Gilmore, OH
Severe winds can do a lot of damage in and around the home. Some destructive factors from a severe windstorm cannot be helped. These include factors such as, trees falling, telephone poles falling, destroyed shingles, and more. However, there are a few things that you can do to make sure to prevent damage before the storm comes.
What to Do Before the Windstorm Comes
Below are tips from FEMA sharing what to look out for in order to protect your home from storm damage:
- Protect windows and glass doors with storm shutters.
- Reinforce garage doors and double-entry doors.
- Trim or remove damaged, dead, or rotting tree limbs.
- Secure objects outside the home.
- Secure fencing, porches, canopies, and sheds.
- Replace gravel and rock landscaping materials.
- Seal cracks and gaps.
SERVPRO of New Philadelphia are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (330) 393-9999 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!